While Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout is distributed on PC and PS4, its place on the mobile platform has been taken by a clone called Fall Gang: Knockout. The fake managed to gain 81 thousand downloads before it was removed from the App Store.
The battle royale from Mediatonic, which quickly gained popularity, was not left without imitators. Fall Gang: Knockout, developed by Kelemen Tamas, appeared on the App Store half a month before the start of the original title. In total, the game was available for download for about three weeks, says the PocketGamer portal.
Chronology of events:
- On July 22, Fall Gang: Knockout appeared in the App Store. The clone was distributed for free, received money only with the help of in-game advertising and was downloaded to devices 1000 times a day;
- On August 4, the original Fall Guys started;
- On August 7, the peak of clone installations reached 27,000, and the app received a premium price of $2.99;
- By August 9, the fake had collected $3,500 and was removed from the Apple store.
Most of the downloads of Fall Gang: Knockout were in the USA – 17,000 (21% of the total). The residents of China also liked the fake: they downloaded 7000 times (8.6%). Mexico was in third place in terms of the number of installations – 6000 (7.4%).
The clone was probably removed due to copyright infringement. There is no official confirmation of this information, but the publishers of the original game are aware of the situation.
This is not the last high-profile removal from the App Store this week. Recall that on Thursday Apple accused Epic Games of violating the rules and removed Fortnite from its store.
Also on the topic:
- Fall Guys climbed to the top of the Steam and Twitch charts on the day of releaseThe number of simultaneous players in Fall Guys approached 125 thousand
- Apple has removed Fortnite from the App Store
- Is there any news?
Share it with us, write to firstname.lastname@example.org