Swedish publisher Paradox Interactive has published a financial report for the second quarter (ended June 30). The company still receives its main income from comprehensive global strategies on the PC, but plans to master the mobile market, including with the help of purchased studios.Main results
the publisher’s revenue amounted to $53.39 million and increased by 20% compared to last year’s results for the same period;
- operating profit for the second quarter was $22.85 million and increased by 29%;
- the main drivers of growth were already published projects of the publisher like Europa Universalis IV and Stellaris.
- The most successful Paradox games are still strategies.Key events
Since mid-March, all Paradox employees have switched to remote work to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
- At the moment, they still have no plans to return to the office;the company has released four additions to the Age of Wonders games: Planetfall, Europa Universalis IV, Prison Architect, as well as for the console version of Stellaris;
- The global launch of the mobile strategy Stellaris: Galaxy Command took place, which became available on iOS and Android on June 29.
- “In the second quarter, we significantly improved our skills in game development and publishing, both through organic growth and through purchases from other studios,” explains CEO Ebba Ljungerud.
Future plansAfter the end of the second quarter, Paradox Interactive bought two studios: the French developer Playrion, known for the mobile game Airlines Manager, and the Finnish company Iceflake Studios, which is now continuing to develop a colony simulator in the post-apocalypse Surviving the Aftermath.
The main platform for Paradox games remains PC, but the company continues to develop new platforms, including the mobile market. The publisher also plans to open a new studio in Barcelona — Paradox Tinto. Its employees will work on global strategies.
From the negative points — this month it became known about the transfer of Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 from Hardsuit Labs studio for next year. Initially, the sequel to the cult role-playing game was supposed to be released in early 2020.
Also on the topic:
- Paradox Interactive: “The MAU of all our games reached 4 million by the end of 2019″NPD: Video game spending in the US reached a historic high in the second quarter
- Paradox Interactive to sign contract with leading Swedish trade unions
- Is there any news?
Share it with us, write to email@example.com