We continue to publish the results of last year. In this publicationNikolai Borzov, co-founder of the Fatpony PR agency, spoke about his vision for 2020.

Nikolai Borzov

How was 2020 for the company?

Due to the epidemiological situation, the beginning of the year was quite difficult. Many companies postponed releases, some studios stopped development, as some investors got rid of non-core assets. Towards the middle of the year, it became clear to many that the end of the world had been postponed again and they would have to move on. And entertainment turned out to be at a price.

As for Fatpony, among the games that we worked with this year, there were such notable titles as:

• Desperados 3;
  • Spiritfarer;
  • Partisans 1941.

By the way, Desperados 3 and Spiritfarer were among the nominees for The Game Awards 2020. This is especially warming.

What new trends in your niche do you consider worth paying attention to?

The total transition of events to an online format. Big Shows (E3, Gamescom, Igromir) they were canceled or passed "virtually". This instantly changed the way studios and publishers approach announcements and releases. New formats began to be invented. Thanks to such innovations, more and more journalists can get acquainted with the games exclusively today. It's great.

What new market trends would you note in general?

Many good games from Russia and China began to appear (for example, Iratus, Partisans 1941 and the same Genshin Impact).

As Kirill Perevozchikov has already noted in his results, seasonality is being smoothed out. It is clear that everyone wants to go out for Christmas, but the significance of the event has dropped. Now they are actively playing outside the holidays, but no one goes on vacation.

What are you going to bet on when developing the company in 2021?

To work. We will try to make it better. Seriously, we want to work with even more young teams (newcomers periodically have absolutely gorgeous games).

Which third-party game releases are you interested in this year?

Crusader Kings 3. Like the last part, the project knocked me out of my life for a very long time. That's the game from the category of "one more move and sleep." I am sure that it will remain the central release for me for 2021 and even for 2022.

Tags: