The Swedish Embracer Group holding continues to grow actively. Today, the company announced three major acquisitions at once. Below is the main thing about transactions.
- the purchase of the American Gearbox studio has become the most expensive of the deals. The maximum amount of the agreement may be about $1.38 billion;
- now the Swedish holding is ready to transfer $363 million to developers ($188 million in cash and $175 million in shares). Gearbox will receive the remaining $1.02 billion only if it reaches the required indicators over the next six years;
- Upon completion of the transaction, Gearbox will become a separate division of Embracer. The head of the studio Randy Pitchford (Randy Pitchford) will retain his position;
- Gearbox is primarily known for the Borderlands loot shooter franchise. Other high—profile projects of developers include the Brothers in Arms series, the Duke Nukem Forever title and the Half-Life: Opposing Force supplement.
- Embracer also bought 100% of Easybrain Studio for $640 million worth of shares.;
- it is assumed that the additional remuneration will amount to $ 125 million. However, its exact size depends on the results of the developers over the next six years;
- Easybrain will continue to operate as an independent studio and will also become an independent division of Embracer. It will continue to be headed by the current leadership: Pyotr Skoromny, Matvey Tymoshenko and Oleg Grushevich;
- Developers from Easybrain specialize in mobile puzzles. To date, the studio has released 15 titles that have collected 750 million downloads and a DAU of 12 million users. Among the most famous games of the company — Sudoku.com , Nonogram.com , Blockudoku and Pixel Art.
- The acquisition of Aspyr Media cost the Swedish holding company $100 million. Of these, Embracer paid $60 million in cash, and $40 million in shares;
- Embracer promised to transfer another $350 million to the American studio if it achieves all its goals in seven years;
- Unlike the previous two companies, Aspyr Media will become part of Saber Interactive as a result of the deal. Studio co-founders Michael Rogers and Ted Staloch will also remain in leadership positions;
- Aspyr Media has released numerous remasters. She has worked on ports of games such as Harry Potter, The Sims, Madden NFL Football, Star Wars and Tony Hawk.