Unity has applied for an initial public offering (IPO) on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE). The company plans to raise at least $100 million.
Rumors that the developer of the Unity engine is preparing for an IPO have been around for a long time, but now they have been confirmed by facts. According to VentureBeat, yesterday the company sent a statement on the S-1 form to the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission.
The main thing from the document:
- Unity engine MAU – 1.5 million people;
- games and applications developed on the engine generate 3 billion installations every month;
- according to data for the first half of 2020, more than 15 thousand new projects are created on the engine every day in 190 countries. Unity in the document mentions such titles as Fall Guys: Ultimate Knockout, Ori and The Will of the Wisps, Oddworld: Soulstorm and Township;
- 53% of the games included in the top 1000 in the App Store and Google Play are made on Unity;
- 50% of titles for PC, consoles and mobile devices released in 2019 were created on this engine;
- in the last three years, the company has been constantly expanding. For example, four months ago Unity Software acquired the Bolt visual programming plugin, and six months before that, the DeltaDNA mobile analytics service;
- In May 2019, Unity Software raised $150 million at a valuation of $6 billion. In total, $450 million has been invested in it over the past two financial years.;
- one of the achievements of the engine developer is the constant growth of revenue. Their revenue in 2018 amounted to $380.7 million, in 2019 – $541.8 million (+42%). Revenue for the first half of 2020 is already equal to $351.3 million (39% more than in the same period of 2019);
- However, Unity Software has suffered net losses for each period since its creation. Losses for the first half of 2020 amounted to $54.1 million;
- As of June 30, the company’s total assets are $1.29 billion;
- The stated goal of this IPO is to increase market capitalization and liquidity, increase financial flexibility for general corporate purposes and partially repay $125 million in debt.;
- Unity Software classified itself in the application as an “emerging growing company”. There are fewer reporting requirements for such companies;
- Unity Software ticker on the New York Stock Exchange – “U”;
- the authorized capital will consist of 1.1 billion shares. Of these, one billion are ordinary shares, and one million are preferred shares;
- the nominal value of one share is $0.000005. It is not yet reported how many securities will be in one lot;
- the list of major shareholders already includes Sequoia Capital (24.1%), Silver Lake Partners (18.2%) and JA Technologies (8.2%);
- the company does not plan to pay dividends in the near future.
Also on the topic:
- Unity has bought the Bolt visual programming pluginBloomberg: Unity may go public this year
- Mark Brown: Top games are made on GameMaker
- Is there any news?
Share it with us, write to email@example.com