This night in Los Angeles presented the winners of The Game Awards 2018. God of War won in the nomination “Game of the Year”. The best mobile game was Florence.
God of War also holds the championship in the categories of “Best Director” and “Best Adventure Game“. However, the leader in the number of awards was Red Dead Redemption, which won in four nominations. Both games claimed eight awards.
Winners of The Game Awards 2018
Game of the Year
- God of War (Sony)
Also a victory in the nominations “Best Director” and “Best adventure game”.
- Fortnite (Epic Games)
Also a victory in the nomination “Best multiplayer”.
The best narrative
- Red Dead Redemption 2 (Rockstar Games)
Also winning in the categories “Best Music and Sound”, “Best Composer” (Woody Jackson and Daniel Lanois) and “Best Actor” (Roger Clark for the role of Arthur Morgan).
- Return of the Obra Dinn (3909 LLC)
The most socially significant game
- Celeste (Matt Makes Games)
Also a victory in the nomination “Best indie game”.
The best mobile game
- Florence (Mountains)
The best VR game
- ASTRO BOT Rescue Mission (SIE Japan Studio)
- Dead Cells (Motion Twin)
The Best RPG
- Monster Hunter: World (Capcom)
The best fighting game
- Dragon Ball FighterZ (Arc System Works)
The best strategy
- Into the Breach (Subset Games)
The best family game
- Overcooked 2 (Ghost Town Games)
The best sports/racing simulator
- Forza Horizon 4 (Playground Games)
The best esports game
- Overwatch (Blizzard)
Also on the topic:
Source: The Game Awards