The COVID-19 pandemic has forced many companies to switch to remote operation. Today, the “remote” is gradually being abandoned, but the studio of the authors of Surgeon Simulator and I Am Bread decided to leave this format for those who managed to like it.
According to GamesIndustry, Bossa employees can optionally work from home, the London office or any other place “depending on work preferences and personal needs.”
The studio made the change after a survey in which it found out:
- 78% of the team either prefer to work from home, or are neutral about the prospect of returning to the office;
- among the advantages of the “remote”, the developers highlighted the absence of the need to travel to and from work, flexible schedule and the appearance of more time for the family;
- 48% of employees have increased productivity while working from home;
- at the same time, productivity decreased in 11% of employees;
- a small part of respondents noted that working in an office has a better effect on psychological health;
- also, 82% of the management staff said that meetings in a remote format are easier compared to real meetings.
Bossa has reopened the office for those who need it. Workplaces in the studio are now located taking into account social distance, and personal protective equipment is available to employees.
Also on the topic:
- China’s NetEase has acquired a minority stake in the British Bossa StudiosZynga: “We can work from home forever if needed”
- Is there any news?
Share it with us, write to firstname.lastname@example.org