PUBG Mobile continues to hold the title of the highest-grossing mobile battle royale. Sensor Tower analysts estimate that the game has earned over $7 billion in three and a half years since its release.

Key data

  • Only in the incomplete 11 months of 2021, PUBG Mobile’s revenue amounted to $2.6 billion. Thanks to this, the title became the second highest-grossing mobile game in the world, second only to Honor of Kings.
  • Also in the third quarter of 2021, PUBG Mobile set a record for quarterly revenue – the game generated $771 million. For comparison, at the same time last year PUBG Mobile earned $693 million, which is 10.1% less.
  • On average, during this year, PUBG Mobile players spent $8.1 million a day.

  • As for the income for the entire time of operation, the largest amount was spent on PUBG Mobile in China. The revenue of its Chinese version of Game For Peace was about $ 4 billion (despite the fact that in China the game is available only on iOS). Outside of China, PUBG Mobile earned the most money in the USA — American gamers provided 11.8% of the total revenue of the game. Japan is next — 4.2% of revenue.
  • The App Store was the leader among the platforms. Globally, this store accounted for 81% of PUBG Mobile’s revenue, while Google Play accounted for the remaining 19%. If we remove China from the statistics, then the ratio will be 56.6% to 43.3%.

PUBG Mobile was released in the spring of 2018. The game quickly gained popularity. In its debut quarter, it became the most downloaded mobile game in the world, and a year and a half later — the first mobile battle royale with revenue over $ 1 billion.

Note that in the middle of this summer, Krafton released a new version of PUBG Mobile in India called Battlegrounds Mobile India, which has earned $7 million to date. Also two weeks ago, PUBG: New State was released, whose revenue for the first seven days reached $2.6 million.

Important: Sensor Tower indicates user spending (consumer spend) in its reports. That is, we are not talking about the developer’s revenue, but about the amount that users left in the game.