Embracer Group has announced the purchase of eight companies. Among them are both large developers like 4A Games and New World Interactive, as well as small indie studios. We briefly tell you about each transaction.4A Games
- The purchase of the authors of the Metro series was the largest of all eight transactions and, according to maximum estimates, could amount to $ 80 million.;You can read more about the conditions in our separate material.
- New World Interactive
- Embracer acquired 100% of the American company for money, as well as Class B shares. NWI is now part of Saber Interactive;the exact amount of the purchase was not disclosed, but the holding plans to complete the transaction during the third quarter of 2020;
- NWI gained the greatest fame as a developer of the multiplayer shooters Insurgency and Day of Infamy.
- The company’s three released games have generated a profit of $50 million so far.;At the moment, NWI is working on a new project that has not yet been announced, and next year it will release Insurgency: Sandstorm on consoles.
- DECA Games
- Embracer bought 100% of the Estonian company for Class B shares worth €25 million;The additional remuneration may amount to a total of €60 million if DECA achieves all its goals over the next seven years.
- The company’s total revenue for this year may exceed €20 million;DECA Games specializes in the purchase and management of existing mobile freeplay games on the market.
- At the moment, the company owns the rights to the online shooter Realm of the Mad God and DragonVale.Amplifier Game Invest, a subsidiary of Embracer Group, has also acquired three more indie studios.
- For 100% of the Spanish company, the two founders were paid €0.9 million in advance (60% in cash and 40% in shares);if Vermila achieves its goals in the next five years, the founders can receive an additional €1 million, and the same amount if the plan is implemented in the next 10 years;
- At the moment, Vermila Studios is working on its first big project, the first-person horror Crisol: Theater of Idols.
- If successful, the company plans to develop sequels.Rare Earth Games
- The three founders of the Austrian studio received €0.3 million (70% in cash and 30% in shares);Additionally, they can receive a total of another €3 million if they reach the indicators in the next 10 years;
- The founders of Rare Earth Games previously worked at Deep Silver and Rockstar Games and are now creating their first game — an as yet unannounced online action game with elements of survival.
- Palindrome Interactive
- The investor purchased the remaining 50% of the shares, paying the founders an advance of $2.5 million (70% in cash and 30% in shares);If the set goals are met within 10 years, the founders of the studio will be able to receive an additional $ 2.3 million.;
- Palindrome Interactive has an Immortal Realms: Vampire Wars strategy on its account, and at the moment they are working on another unannounced project.
- THQ Nordic, another subsidiary of Embracer Group, has acquired the Austrian company Pow Wow Entertainment.
Now the studio is working on two projects, one of which will be a multi-user “bagel”.
The media company Koch Films, part of the holding, announced the purchase of German Sola Media for € 2.3 million. This company specializes in the distribution of children’s and family films.
- Embracer Group, through its Koch Media division, acquired the French studio VoxlerTHQ Nordic Owners Buy World War Z Authors for $150 Million
- THQ Nordic owners raised $164 million for new acquisitions
- Is there any news?
Share it with us, write to firstname.lastname@example.org