A new review of digital sales from SuperData has arrived. Last month, sales on the market amounted to $10.2 billion. This is 3% lower than the April figure.

Mobile revenues are still growing, compensating for the sagging revenue in the console segment.

Mobile games in numbers earned 3% more compared to April. Console — 27% less. Analysts do not disclose PC sales for the month.

The annual dynamics is positive in all segments. PC games in May earned 8% more in annual terms, mobile – 14% more, console — 23% more. Total digital sales increased by 14% compared to May 2019.

The growth of dynamics over the year was affected by the coronavirus pandemic, as well as the success of some projects:

  • GTA V from Rockstar has increased the audience by 245% in just a month. This was caused by the free distribution of the hit in the Epic Games Store. Thanks to a powerful jump in the game, PC revenue from sales of game content has more than doubled;
  • EGS gave away another popular game for free: Sid Meier’s Civilization VI. Its audience grew by 477%, and revenues from PC content sales (including season pass) rose by 52% from April to May;
  • the costs of Pokemon GO have grown. The difference from April was 60%, in annual terms, income rose by 45%. Due to the pandemic, the Niantic developer had to adjust the mechanics so that it was possible to catch Pokemon at home;
  • a record income was recorded at Peacekeeper Elite from Tencent. SuperData calls it “the most profitable game of all time.” Recall that this is the Chinese version of the PUBG battle royale. 53% of the revenue for May to PUBG developers was brought by the local Chinese version. The international title is responsible for the remaining 47%;
  • but CS:GO sank both revenue and audience. The figures have been growing for several months, but in May the revenue of the game decreased by 9%, and the number of players — by 6%. SuperData associates this with the release of Valorant from Riot Games.

Also on the topic:

Share it with us, write to press@app2top.ru