Analysts from SuperData published a report on digital sales of games for July, detailing the data on the most successful projects. Among them are Ghost of Tsushima, Pokémon GO and others.For the first time in a long time, SuperData did not give a cumulative assessment of the market, limiting itself only to the chart of the most successful projects on the main platforms.
But they told in detail about the most interesting results of console and mobile games.
Ghost of TsushimaIn July, the game sold 1.9 million copies in digital, becoming the fastest-selling new title in the history of PlayStation;
- for comparison, Horizon Zero Dawn took two months to achieve similar indicators;
- Ghost of Tsushima also became the most successful console game launched in July;
- SuperData believes that the pandemic partially helped Sony’s new exclusive achieve such records, since the summer months are traditionally considered “quiet”.
- Pokémon GO
July 2020 was the second largest revenue for the project in the entire history of its existence.
- The game showed the best figures (by only 0.4%) only in August 2016, when it was at the peak of popularity;the main growth factor was the special event Pokémon GO Fest, for access to which you had to pay $ 15;
- also, the increase in revenue is facilitated by the formed base of loyal fans who regularly spend a lot of money in the game.
- Free Fire
Battle royale from the Singapore publisher Garena has become one of the most successful mobile projects in July;
- This was influenced by the huge success of the game in India, as well as the countries of Southeast Asia and Latin America;
- Low system requirements helped Free Fire to capture emerging markets and become the main mobile title in Southeast Asia, among other things.
- Paper Mario:
The Origami KingDigital sales of the new Mario in July amounted to “only” 555 thousand copies.
- This is one of the worst results among Nintendo exclusives;For comparison, Animal Crossing:
- New Horizons sold 5 million copies in July, and Pokémon Sword and Shield sales totaled 2.7 million.As for the PC market, the top 10 most successful games in July consists entirely of multiplayer projects.
At the same time, most of them are distributed according to the F2P model.
Riot Games showed the best results in aggregate. League of Legends has once again risen to the top spot, and the online shooter Valorant, which is gaining popularity, got into the top five. Also included in the top 10 are Crossfire, Fortnite, World of Warcraft and Dungeon Fighter Online.
Also on the topic:
- SuperData: $10.5 billion was spent on digital versions of games in AprilSuperData: in May, players bought digital versions of games for $ 10.2 billion
- SuperData: In June, players spent $10.46 billion on digital versions of games
- Is there any news?
Share it with us, write to email@example.com